PHNOM PENH: On Tuesday, August 01, 2023, Innovation and Development Investors Association “IDI” led by Dr. Hor Sereyvath, Chairman of the Board of Directors of IDI and ID Capital Plc. “IDC” has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Khmer Swiftlet Association “KSA” led by Mr. Suy Kokthean, President and colleagues to attract investors and help promote the export of bird nest products to international markets.
Through this Memorandum of Understanding, the two associations aim to collaborate closely to achieve the common goals of:
(1) Establishing cooperation between KSA and IDI to attract investors to invest in processing and trading bird nest
(2) Finding an overseas market for Cambodian bird nests, especially in China
(3) Acting as a contact point for investors in the bird nest sector
(4) Education and training for bird nest producers
(5) Establishing cooperation between KSA and IDI to help bird nest operators/producers to be able to raise funds.
KSA has been recognized by the government as an official platform to support the development of the local edible bird nest ecosystem and bolster exports of the woefully untapped commodity, with particular consideration to the Chinese market.