Construction of Techo international airport now 66 percent completed

PHNOM PENH: The first phase of the Techo International Airport (IATA Code KTI), located in Kandal and Takeo provinces, was 66.1 percent completed as of Feb. 27, according to a report from the State Secretariat of Civil Aviation.

The airport construction will finish in October this year as works are proceeding as planned, read the report. “The airport's official commencement is set for mid-2025,” the same source pointed out.

The report added that the construction of the main infrastructure of the Techo International Airport project was completed as planned.

The construction of terminals is now 58.6 percent completed, power supply centres 76.8 percent, air field related works 64.4 percent and air traffic control tower 100 percent.

Managed by Investment Co., ., the project is a public-private partnership between Overseas Cambodian Investment Corporation with a 90 percent stake and the remaining 10 percent belongs to the State Secretariat of Civil Aviation.

The Cambodia Airport Investment has spent a total construction cost of US$961 million.

As a large-scale international airport level/Class 4F, built over 2,600 hectares of land, this airport is divided into three phases of construction – Phase 1 from 2020 to 2030, Phase 2 from 2030 to 2050 and Phase 3 from 2050 onwards.

KTI in the first phase will be capable of handling a maximum of 13 million passengers and 175,000 tonnes of cargo per year.

Cambodia has currently three international airports, two of which – Phnom Penh International Airport and Sihanoukville International Airport – are under the management of Cambodia Airports, while the Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport is managed by Angkor International Airport Investment (Cambodia) Co., Ltd., an affiliate of China's Yunnan Investment Holdings Ltd.

Post Comment