PHNOM PENH: On December 5, 2023, a high-level delegation from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce, led by Regional Director for Asia Marwan AlMarri, met with representatives from the Cambodian Chamber of Commerce (CCC) and the International Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia to discuss potential investment opportunities in the Kingdom.
The primary objective of the meeting was to attract Dubai Chamber members to explore business and investment possibilities in Cambodia. The Cambodian delegation shared valuable insights into the country's business environment, investment landscape, and key sectors for collaboration.
President Duke Meng proposed several initiatives to foster stronger ties and facilitate business exchange between the two chambers:
- Signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU): This formal agreement would solidify the commitment to collaborate on promoting trade and investment between Cambodia and Dubai.
- Visit Organized by Dubai Chamber: A visit to Cambodia by Dubai Chamber members would allow them to firsthand experience the investment potential and opportunities available in the country.
- Continued Cooperation: Both chambers would collaborate on joint initiatives and programs to support businesses and investors based on mutually identified priority areas.
- Special Exemptions: The CCC requested special exemptions for Dubai Chamber members conducting business activities and investments in Cambodia, aiming to streamline procedures and encourage investment.
- Enhanced Flight Connectivity: The meeting emphasized the need for improved direct flight connections between Cambodia and Dubai, facilitating easier travel and business exchanges.
- Invitation to ASEAN Meeting: President Duke Meng, on behalf of the CCC and the ASEAN-Cambodia Business Advisory Council, extended an invitation to the Dubai Chamber leadership and members to participate in the upcoming ASEAN Meeting, scheduled for next year.
The Dubai Chamber delegation expressed positive interest in the proposed initiatives and reaffirmed their commitment to maintaining strong relations with the CCC. The meeting concluded on a positive note, with both parties committed to collaborating for mutual economic benefit.