PHNOM PENH: Cambodia has approved eight new investment projects worth over $64 million, creating over 4,000 jobs. The projects are located in the provinces of Sihanoukville, Svay Rieng, Kampong Speu, Takeo, and the capital of Phnom Penh.
The projects include:
- A steel plant in Sihanoukville by HUALE STEEL (CAMBODIA) CO., LTD. ($40 million, 523 jobs)
- A factory to produce lamps, home appliances, bathrooms, and curtains in Svay Rieng by WANGMAO (CAMBODIA) HOMEWARE CO., LTD. ($6.2 million, 1,369 jobs)
- A plastic, cable, and cable factory in Svay Rieng by JUSHI (CAMBODIA) CO., LTD. ($5 million, 549 jobs)
- A factory to produce plastic products, decorative materials, and electronic components made of plastic in Svay Rieng by STARBLAZE (CAMBODIA) PLASTIC & METAL CO., LTD. ($3.6 million, 586 jobs)
- A feed and equipment factory for livestock in Sihanoukville by CAMBODIAN LUHENG PET FOOD CO., LTD. ($3 million, 119 jobs)
- A sofa and furniture factory in Sihanoukville by ULTIMATE MOTION CO., LTD. ($3 million, 195 jobs)
- A factory to assemble and install gas stove equipment in Svay Rieng by WANAN GAS CONTROL (CAMBODIA) CO., LTD. ($2 million, 369 jobs)
- A factory to produce decorative lamps and LED lamps in Svay Rieng by HE DUI OPTOELECTRONICS CO., LTD. ($1.5 million, 330 jobs)
In addition to these eight projects, the Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC) also approved six new investment projects worth a total of $34.6 million earlier this month. These projects are located in the provinces of Kampong Speu, Takeo, and Phnom Penh and will create nearly 7,600 jobs.
The new investment projects are a sign of Cambodia’s growing attractiveness as a destination for foreign investment. The country’s young and growing workforce, favorable investment climate, and strategic location make it an ideal place for businesses to operate.